What is Google Analytics: An Introduction
Posted by sasi on Wednesday, 5 July 2017
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a web analytics tool to track and report website traffic. It is used to track user acquisition, user engagement, and goal conversions. It can also track acquisition and engagement on mobile apps.
Why Google Analytics?
- Hassle free maintenance: It is a hosted on Google's servers. There is no need to upload, upgrade or maintain any software on your server.
- Zero cost: Both free and paid plans. Free version is good enough for most websites.
- Easy to set up: Set up is done in 2 easy steps
- Step 1: Signup for an Analytics Account using your Google account (gmail id).
- Integration: Google Analytics is well integrated with other Google advertising services like Adwords. Calculating ROI on your ad spend is easier now.
- Customizable reports: With a basic understanding of Google Analytics, you can customize reports using an intuitive interface.
- Active community: Many online communities exist to help you with Google Analytics. The most popular community is on the Advertiser Community. You can also post your GA queries in digitalSASI's comments section.
- Documentation: Google provides excellent documentation on its support portal. Various authors have written books on GA.